Photo Friday! Week 54: Beautiful Laili

by Melissa on July 27, 2012 · 12 comments

Beautiful Laili Laili, 19month old lioness
Antelope Park
Gweru, Zimbabwe
June 2012

Scarlett July 27, 2012 at 8:06 pm

OH she’s so beautiful! xx
Scarlett recently posted..Brighton Beach, Melbourne ā€˜vā€™ Brighton Beach, UKMy Profile

Melissa July 28, 2012 at 8:07 pm

isn’t she? I can’t wait to write about my Antelope Park experience where I volunteered with the lions for 2.5 weeks šŸ™‚

Waegook Tom July 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Loving this photo – the color of her eyes and the markings around her nose šŸ™‚
Waegook Tom recently posted..Donkkaseu: Korean Pork CutletMy Profile

Melissa July 30, 2012 at 7:03 am

Thanks Tom! This is definitely one of my favorite shots! She just looks so curious and playful yet sweet and innocent. Oh man… I miss my baby girl!

Justine August 3, 2012 at 6:37 am

Oh she is adorable! and I miss her everyday!
Great photo!
Justine recently posted..Sunday May 13- Scud DayMy Profile

Melissa August 3, 2012 at 7:04 am

Thanks Justine, I totally know what you mean. My heart aches to go back. Next year, next year.

PS. Loving YOUR blog entries about AP! šŸ™‚

Amy August 17, 2012 at 9:51 am

Wow! This is incredible. You shot this? I’m curious to know how close you were to her. I am a HUGE fan of lions, and I’d love to work with them one day. Can’t wait to read your post about Antelope Park.
Amy recently posted..The Friday Photo: Oia, SantoriniMy Profile

Melissa August 17, 2012 at 9:57 am

I did! Thank you! It’s probably one of the shots I’m most proud of from my time at Antelope Park.

I was within 2m of her in her enclosure during a behaviour enrichment session – where we made toys for them to play with.

Antelope Park completely changed me and inspired me – I can’t wait to share my experience and even more, I can’t wait to return next year!

Megan @Green Global Travel October 6, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Gorgeous photo! How long were you able to stay this close?
Megan @Green Global Travel recently posted..PANAMA Photos- Our Own Private Island!My Profile

Melissa October 6, 2012 at 5:32 pm

We sat with her for about 2 hours – she wasn’t THIS close the whole time because she got a bit bored of playing near us, and it was the middle of the afternoon so she became her usual lazy lioness self and took a nap in the shade with her ‘sister’, Lewa.

Leanna May 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

beautiful photo of the lioness šŸ™‚

James @ Africa Tours July 19, 2013 at 4:43 am

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!
James @ Africa Tours recently posted..Cristine C.My Profile