The Brand New Mellyboo Project

by Melissa on April 28, 2013 · 9 comments

By now you’ve probably noticed that there have been some changes to The Mellyboo Project — some absolutely beautiful changes.  A huge thanks goes out to the wonderful Hannah of FurtherBound.com and her amazing coding genius of a boyfriend, Lee – they worked tirelessly to help create the new and improved Mellyboo Project and I seriously cannot thank them enough.

Things around here won’t be too different, I still intend on sharing my adventures from my travels around the world in the hopes of inspiring everyone to go out and experience more out of life.  I have, however, made “living life on my own terms” into my blog’s tagline.  It’s something I’ve been saying for years, and I will continue to make that saying into my mission statement.  I intend on continuing to use The Mellyboo Project as a means to listen to myself and to push myself to courageously follow my dreams.  I want to set my own terms of how I want my life to be, not simply conform to what everyone thinks to be ‘the way.’

All of the old posts are still available for you to read and can be found under the appropriate location in the Destinations tab, or by searching through the archives.

One area that you may notice missing is the blog roll/ link exchange.  That page has now been retired, and while I intend on supporting other bloggers, I want it to have a more personal touch, therefore I have kept the Blogs I Read page – which is now simply called “Links” under the Resources tab – and I intend on keeping it updated with the various blogs that have captured my attention.

Going forward, I’d love to get your feedback – leave a comment with your thoughts on the new redesign.    I hope you enjoy the new design as much as I do!

So, cheers!  Here’s to a new chapter for this little blog of mine and to many more new adventures.  I hope you stick around for this wild ride!

Hannah April 29, 2013 at 12:27 am

I’m so happy that you’re happy! I have had so much fun working with you on this, and am excited to step back now and watch how the site grows and develops; you have so much talent and passion.

Melissa May 12, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I am beyond thrilled with it. You did such an incredible job on it. I’m honoured to be able to call it mine 🙂

Thank you again for all of your hard work! You seriously are the best!

Sofie April 29, 2013 at 7:07 am

Loving the new look!
It has something ‘calm’ and ‘soothing’ to it!
Great job, Hannah:)
Sofie recently posted..Sunday Supers!My Profile

Melissa May 12, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Thanks Sofie! Like I said, I totally love it. And I feel the same way about it – calm and soothing… feels like a proper fit. 🙂

Kate - CanuckiwiKate May 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Gorgeous job, girls! I love love love the sliding photos/quotes 🙂
Kate – CanuckiwiKate recently posted..Climbing Rangitoto Island: Our last 24 hours in New ZealandMy Profile

Melissa May 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Thanks Kate!!! Hannah really kicked ass on that one (the photo slider) … I think it really gives a sense of who I am and what I’m all about! 🙂

Kenin Bassart May 10, 2013 at 8:58 am

Looks great! I love the slider, I used to have it on our page, and I think I might bring it back. Also love the size of the sidebar. Nice work!
Kenin Bassart recently posted..Horizons this weeks #FriFotosMy Profile

Melissa May 14, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Thanks Kenin! The slider is my favorite part – I think it really shows who I really am. Hannah did an incredible job!

Ryan May 21, 2013 at 10:44 pm

WOW! Totally diggin’ the new layout darling! Beautiful indeed. Badass slider and logo.
Ryan recently posted..Road Trip to #TBEX Day 1: Into the Grey to Gros MorneMy Profile