Why I Adore Travelling

by Melissa on April 18, 2013 · 7 comments

travel

As you can see from my website, I simply adore travelling. I am a keen traveller who loves nothing more than exploring different countries and immersing myself in diverse cultures. I can safely say that globe-trotting is one of the most exciting, thrilling and incredible things you can experience in life.

sydney opera house Travelling allows you to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and break free from your daily routine. Look at it this way: rather than sitting at a desk all day, you could be out exploring the riverside shops along the Siene in Paris, rather than spending your lunch break playing FoxyBingo you could be sitting in a lovely beach cafe in New Zealand, and rather than going home after work to watch hours of TV, you could be seeing a Broadway show in New York.

When you go off traveling it gives you a chance to learn about yourself and others. Another amazing advantage to going travelling is that if you choose to travel with a partner you will really bond with them. Whether it is your partner or a close friend, your relationship will be strengthened by the end of the trip. There will be ups and downs, disagreements and arguments, but this will just make you stronger. If you’re like me and have opted for solo travel – there are heaps of pros and cons, but ultimately you walk away with a greater understanding of yourself, of your desires and of your understanding of the world around you.

nikon photographer If you are a keen photographer then you will be able to add a diverse range of photographs to your portfolio after a globe-trotting trip. Every country has its own stunning natural landscapes to offer as well as historical sites, wildlife and culture. You’ll have the chance to photograph everything, from cityscapes in Toronto to sunsets in the Okavango Delta and gorgeous wildlife in Australia.

Travelling allows you to taste a diverse range of delicious cuisines. If you are an adventurous eater then you are probably keen to try snails in France, zebra in Namibia and even kangaroo in Australia. But even if you are not a foodie, you might find it interesting to see each country’s interpretation of the same dish.

Whether it’s the amazing and unique activities, learning about yourself or others, the photo opportunities, or delicious international cuisines… I simply adore travelling. So what are you waiting for? Get off your butt and start travelling – I’m sure you’ll start to adore travelling too!

anne April 18, 2013 at 8:05 pm

You are amazing and I admire your sense of adventure…something I never dreamed of or had the opportunity to do…

xoxo

Melissa April 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Thanks – it’s all about making sacrifices and setting goals and sticking to them. The world is a beautiful place, I hope you get to see more of it one day.

Claus G April 18, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Amen to that!
I find the more I travel, the more I want to travel. My bucket list grows by five places for every place that I visit… it’s a bit of an addiction, but it’s worth every moment.
Keep on exploring this wonderful world… never a dull moment if you know where to look!
Claus G recently posted..Glacier Bay, Alaska, USA (August 2012)My Profile

Melissa April 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Claus, I totally hear you. My bucket list grows constantly. Even if it’s not actually published – I’m pretty sure I have about 500 more items that I havent actually written down.

I hope you get to keep traveling and exploring the beautiful world around you :) You’re right, it’s never a dull moment if you know where to look! Keep it up! :)

Kashdoller April 29, 2013 at 3:50 am

Well why don’t we just throw a beard on you, a pair of boxers, a pair of grey socks one of which is bound to have a tiny hole, and pretend you’re me because god damn it you just preached my surmon! (I can’t spell that damn word and can’t be bothered to spell check it because it looks naughty the way I spelled it. Oh boy I’m the clever one. Clearly- look at my screen name).

I like speaking within (). Like the secret narrative. But I’ll keep that shit going for like a whole 4 pages and remember to end the last bracket and mind fuck you.

Anyway this is a beautiful post. And that is a word I use sparingly. Typically for my daughters and maybe for a nebula or a god particle here and there. But you are one free little birdy and if there is any one attribute I can love more than freedom it would probably be adventure (which you have written all over your hands on invisible ink behind “hello mom and hello dad”. I love to see a girl who is all grown up and express love for her mom AND dad. It practically is like guaranteed awesome chick. I don’t think there exists a female who can grow up loving both mom and dad because they both are evidently awesome parents and not have that female just be awesome. I think that is what is wrong with our world today, lack of accountability in parenting. But that’s another story). <— ;)

Not that I've been to all thee magical places you've been to, but I have done my share of madness. I relocated 3000 miles to California when I was 22 without even ever have so much as been here. I've done most of my exploring alone till recently when my babe came of age and I started bringing her. She'll be 11 in June and I got a little surprise trip to some mind fuck desert place that I heard of down in Mojave that I plan on taking her to. Something about old Indian carvings on cave walls or something really awesome we will just have to go and see. I'm selling my car and buying a retroed out Vespa next month. (Not sure what that has to do with this but just figured you'd like to know ill be careless and I frankly don't care. I do care about getting the scooter license though, gotta do that).

Okay I'm outta here got studying to do. Ill read more of your stuff later. Keep those wings flying your spirit is addicting.

Kashdoller (pimpexposure)

Melissa May 12, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Thank you so much for your amazing comment. I am blushing.

I sincerely hope that you are able to take your daughter along and give her incredible memories and experiences of the beautiful world around us. Please do keep in touch – I’d love to hear more about your adventures when you do take off!